The Postgraduate Department at Northwick Park & St. Mark's Hospitals provides access to various learning resources and a comprehensive programme of events and talks.
Train at North West London Hospitals NHS Trust:
Our hospitals serve a population of around half a million people in Brent, Harrow and the surrounding areas.
- Our services are located in North West London, one of the city's most exciting, vibrant and diverse parts of the capital. From leafy Harrow and Ealing to cultural and sporty Brent, home to the iconic Wembley Stadium.
- Our hospitals serve a population of over half a million people in Brent, Ealing & Harrow and the surrounding areas.
- The Postgraduate Departments at Northwick Park, Ealing & St. Mark's Hospitals offer excellent support for 500+ training grade medical staff, plus another 300+ at Consultant level.
- We offer an extensive range of Postgraduate Medical Education courses, many of which are for nationally recognised certificates, together with a number of exam preparation courses. Most courses are held at The Education Centre, Northwick Park Hospital.
- We offer a programme of regular in-house teaching programmes for doctors training here in individual specialties and multi-specialties.
The Education Centre regular weekly teaching programmes:
Tuesday: FY1/FY2 Teaching @1.00 - 2.00pm
Teaching programme for FY1 / FY2 available from Postgraduate Administrator
Wednesday: GP meeting @ 1.00 - 2.00pm, Lunch from 12.30pm onwards
Thursday: Grand Round @1.00 - 2.00pm, Lunch from 12.30 onwards
(at Northwick Park & Central Middlesex Hospitals)
Thursday: GP STP @ 2.00 - 5.00pm
Friday: St. Mark's Hospital Grand Round @ 07:30-09:00am
Friday: Medical ST1/ST2 Teaching @ 1.00 - 2.00pm
Teaching programme for ST1/ST2 available from Postgraduate Administrator
Friday: Surgical Postgraduate Meetings @ 1.00 - 2.00pm
Friday: FY1 / FY2 Generic Teaching @ 2.15 - 3.15pm
Teaching programme for FY1/FY2 Generic Teaching available from Postgraduate Office
Simulation Training at Northwick Park Hospital:
We have a dynamic department involved with simulation at Northwick Park Hospital.
We run training for all grades of doctor from FY1 up to registrar level.
The training is both high fidelity in situ simulation and specific skills based training and covers all specialities from Medicine and Surgery to Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
Northwick Park Dental Education Centre (NPDEC):
Opened in November 2012, the centre is dedicated to training dental healthcare professionals, driving up clinical standards and improving clinical leadership. As a joint enterprise between London North West Healthcare NHS Trust and the London Dental Deanery, NPDEC provides a wide range of dental courses for postgraduate dental professionals, covering compulsory continuing professional development (CPD) courses alongside more innovative CPD courses which will help improve patient care. Facilities and seminar rooms are also available for private hire. For further information contact: Simon Best, Dental Centre Administrator. Tel: 020 8869 5151 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org